Is it Safe to Go to Occupational Therapy Right Now?
CDC has recommended that when a county is in the “SUBSTANTIAL” or “HIGH” risk for Coved 19 transmission, all individuals (including vaccinated individuals) should wear a mask when indoors at a public place.
Kalamazoo County has reached the “SUBSTANTIAL” risk for Covid 19 transmission, therefore EVERYONE (vaccinated or not vaccinated) will be required to wear a mask or appropriate face covering while inside this clinic. If you do not have a mask, we will be happy to provide you with a disposable mask while you are inside this clinic.
Your cooperation and patience during this time is appreciated.
At The Therapy Place in Kalamazoo, MI, we are following all Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Kalamazoo County Health Department, and the Governor of the State of Michigan’s guidance to protect our therapists, staff, and patients at our clinic.
We are dedicated to maintaining a clean and safe occupational therapy clinic environment as we all work together against the spread of COVID-19. To deliver a healthy treatment experience for our patients and clinicians alike, we will be adhering to the following protocols:
- Following the current Centers for Disease Control guidelines, including frequent and thorough hand washing throughout the day.
- Observing CDC guidance by requiring clinicians to wear masks and asking patients to wear masks or some other kind of face covering. (MI EO 147)
- Sterilizing all clinic surfaces with medical-grade disinfectants.
- Screening all patients, clinicians and team members for potential Coronavirus (COVID-19) exposure.
- Adhering to recommended social-distance practices when not delivering hands-on care.
- Limiting the number of people in the clinic at any one time.
- Scheduling seniors and other at-risk patients into lower-traffic hours when possible.
Whatever your treatment goals are, it’s our belief that the biggest single factor to aid in recovery is completing the prescribed course of care. Because of this, additional measures may be necessary to protect your health in our clinic. If so, we will update our practices and policies immediately. With this shared commitment, we are committed to continuing the level of care and commitment we offer to clients throughout Southwest Michigan.
Our mission is to enable people of all ages to live life to its fullest by helping them promote health and prevent or better accommodate illness, injury or disability to improve the quality of daily living. If you have questions, please call and speak to one of our therapists at (269) 544-2901 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay Informed About COVID-19
Make sure you have the latest and most up-to-date information. Review the links below of other healthcare and government organizations: